Saturday, July 12, 2008

Travels

I recently made a few trips...first to Dallas to board the plane to Tulsa where my friend Margaret picked me up..and thanks to Karen I had a ride to and from the Dallas airport!! She was heading to LasVegas with her family as I headed to Tulsa and we ended up on the same plane! Seems her flight had one stop in Tulsa. I stayed with Margaret and her husband Kenny, plus her granddaughter Chrissy was in town for a few days. She was a lot of fun, just learning to drive and getting ready for her 'sweet 16'...bought a hot pink dress and went to a photo shoot. They came out great.

Margaret went with me to my nephew Christopher's wedding to Kristen in Monett, Missouri. Margaret drove us there and back and the wedding was very nice. During the reception I read a poem I had written for the two of them, to more or less chronicle their lives from then to now and how they came to be paired. We got back late on Saturday, slept in on Sunday and my flight left that afternoon. When I arrived back in Dallas, I checked on Karen's flight, which was delayed, but as soon as I walked to her gate, they walked off the plane. Could not have planned it better. I am blessed to have such good friends to share their time, their vehicles and their friendship!!

No comments: