Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Another Fall...

Rack up another fall for me! While taking the dog out to do his business last night, the dog ran amok and across the street. I walked calmly down the sidewalk with the light of the porch behind me, barely managing to see where the dog went, whistling and calling his name. As soon as I got across the street - in the dark, now - the dog of course darted back across the street to the dark area of the front yard. I turned and crossed the street, disgusted, and muttering his name...when I went to step up on the curb and into the yard, I misjudged the distance and fell to the ground kicking off my left house shoe in the process, landing on both palms and knees first, then close enough to smell the grass (weeds). Oh, didn't I mention I was in my pajamas? Yep, in my pink and blue 'fairy cakes' pjs and pink comfy flip-flop house shoes...there I was in the yard and on the curb, my bum in the air and then on the grass. I was so thankful that the neighbors who usually sit and smoke and cuss and discuss the day's events had already gone in for the evening, except for one who was walking around the corner, away from the house, thank goodness. So I get my bearings - or so I think - and attempt to get up - but stumble like a drunk at first. And where is the dog?? He is barking and sitting in front of the door - not coming over to inspect what happened - nope, just sitting and barking, seeming quite perturbed that I am not there to open the door. It was as if he said, "Hey! My master has fallen and can't get up! Somebody bring over a crane!" So, a free puppy he is no more...its leashed visits to the yard from now on! And me? No visual scrapes or bruises yet...but I feel like I could use a nice massage. And on subsequent trips out with the dog? I'll probably still wear my pajamas...with the darkness of night to hide my embarrassment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sis - you ok? I know the feeling...... love ya!