Saturday, August 27, 2011

26 years ago today.....

About 7:30 a.m. ....I became a Mommy. My sweet baby girl, Lindsey Kathryn, was born! Lindsey was almost a "Hillary"....but thank goodness she looked like a Lindsey Kathryn! She was named after another little girl I had the pleasure of baby-sitting for many years, and my best friend, Kathy. The labor was short...the delivery easy...and no pain medicine I might add...and the recovery room couldn't hold the happiness that filled my heart...even though there were plenty of others who groaned!

Just the day before I was in my OBGYN's office where he said, "See you in a week!"...well, Lindsey had other plans! Her Dad was determined to give her a different name, but after delivery, he went down the hall proclaiming: "It's a Lindsey Kathryn!". Our lives were never the same, as were the lives of her doting grandparents and many aunts, uncles and cousins to come!

Lindsey is the first grand-daughter born on her Dad's side...so a little spoiling set in...but I didn't mind. I was a first grand-daughter myself. Mom was out of town with my sister Laura when Lindsey came, but she got home as fast as she could and whizzed past the nurses station outside of visiting hours to see us. Grammy and Stephanie brought a paper to read while waiting for the arrival, but they didn't have time to read at all - but then the shopping commenced for all things pink!

Once my Mom brought us home from the hospital (Dad was at work), it was a whirlwind of diapers and formula. Memories were made and remembered now...the colic, the messy diapers, the sweet smell of a just-bathed baby, and snuggle time..just to name a few.

Lindsey is all grown up and married, but still my 'baby girl'...and now the Mommy of another sweet one who calls me YaYa. Lindsey is also the big sister to 'baby boy', aka "Bubba", Ryan. Lindsey is one-in-a-million...and she's mine!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh, my! Happy Birthday to "your" precious girl. She is one in a million. just like her momma.

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

Awww... Happy Birthday, Lindsey!

Mrs. Welder said...

Cute story. Thanks for sharing!