Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Somewhat Random Things...

I know that I haven't posted in a long while...although I have had a couple of requests :-)
so here are a few somewhat random things that have been going on....in no particular order...
1. My baby boy turned 21 in April~
2. My baby boy moved into an apartment on May 1
3. I have yet to see said apartment, but have seen him a few times (not nearly enough!)
4. Almost willing to pay for yard mowing...
5. Taking out the trash & feeding the dog isn't so bad....
6. Perk: I come home to a room that looks just like I left it!!
7. Finally had my job title changed at work to reflect what I actually do - just a change, no raise (yet!) :-)
8. Been looking around for a car...no luck yet
9. Great Game Nights with Friends!
10. Just finished teaching my SS quarter for 1st grade...just in time! I still have hair!
11. Kylie is talking a little bit and I love to hear her call me "YaYa"
12. LK and I are planning Kylie's second birthday - fun!
13. I inherited some furniture from my Grandma by way of my baby sister...though it's not totally set up or anything...!
14. I'd really like to tackle painting some furniture (like my bedroom stuff)...inspired by those in my favorite blog lists!
15. I actually did paint a wooden "slatted" chair in spring green and sunshine yellow - with polka dots - and it's pretty cute!
16. I have completed my duties on a couple of committees and boards at work, plus one at the credit union...and have one more at church that ends this fall.
17. I am the contact person for our Weight Watchers @ Work Program - and this series we enrolled 29 members!! Whoo-hoo....discount for me!!
18. My total weight loss thus far (including a couple of gains between the losses!) = 14 pounds
19. I know I am not a huge participant, but I find that looking @ Facebook & occasionally posting something is fun. It's a great way to catch up with friends.
20. My friend Kathy is going to be a grandma ("G") for the second time and my friend Lee Ann will be a newbie Gramma this fall.
21. Anticipating a trip to NYC with the game night group - possibly in the fall.
22. I can park in my garage once again!!
23. Summer has already arrived in TX! Can you say HEAT and HUMIDITY?!?!?

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Sounds like you have been very busy! How nice that you have a granddaughter!!! Aren't they the BEST!?
Thanks so much for coming by and saying hello! I love meeting new friends and checking out their blogs. I will be back.
Hugs, Cindy

Mrs. Welder said...

Love your list. Sounds like life is good and you have lots to look forward to. Glad I finally thought to stop by today! Have a good one and don't forget to share if you decide to tackle your furniture projects :)