Friday, March 26, 2010

Another memory trigger for me has to be words - or phrases - how about you? The mention of "lynn-lynn-lynn" by my youngest sister (accompanied by a goofy face) guarantees serious laughter. "Uh-Huh, Sure" is a phrase used by me and my best friend Kathy in high school - we even had shirts printed! Another high school one: "waffle?" A more recent - dare I say daily - from KeKe: "OMS" (that's OhMyShaw! - in short hand or text if you will). From the movies - and there are many - too many to mention: "Run, Forrest, Run!" ; "I don't know nuthin' 'bout birthin' no babies"; "There's no place like home.."; just to name a few. Sometimes a word or phrase brings a memory back so quickly, I am smiling before I know it - looking like I am up to something I shouldn't be - but enjoying it just the same: "Well, THATS not good!" nudge nudge, wink, wink....lol... or "whatdyatalk? whatdyatalk?"

No comments: